Wednesday 21 July 2010

Bad Boys, Bad Boys...Whatcha gonna do?

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

3 heads, being treated to some serious TLC

Crust o' aubergines


Getting ready for a big night out
Heaven
This is no time to mince words.  I’ve fallen. Hard. Fast. I’ve anticipated, looked longingly, had heart palpitations and even salivated (no one said I was pretty about it).  I’ve devoured and been left wanting more.

‘Bad boys’ aren’t good for me.  I’ve always known that. You may try to change them, but really what’s the point? It is in fact, part of their overall appeal, no? And let’s be honest, would we really want it any other way? Naughty qualities are fun and can’t be avoided for long. Would I go back and do it all over again, and again… you betcha.

Caramelised Garlic Tart (with more dairy than the Blizzard Fan Club)

Right, so I did attempt a few tweaks (don't judge, I can't help it, I like to reform) as the recipe called for a month’s intake of saturated fat and dairy. As a woman who has a healthy love affair with olive oil and soy products I knew that I was asking for trouble.  But boy, it the best kind of trouble ever.

The caramelised garlic tart came straight from my foodie hero, Yotam Ottolenghi’s new veggie cookbook, Plenty. The actual recipe can be found here:

http://britishfood.about.com/od/adrecipes/r/caramelisedgarlictart.htm 

So my small tweaks and attempts to tone this bad boy down?  I replaced the all-butter pastry crust with thick slices of grilled aubergine.  Means that it won’t freeze well, but I’ve rallied the troops so not really an issue there.  Also, managed a reduced fat crème fraiche without much disarray.  Otherwise recipe as stated.

So bad. So naughty. Doesn't seem right not to share.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Delish!!