Tuesday 28 April 2009

Guilty Pleasures presents...



There is a time and a place for gold lamé, fluorescent pink legwarmers and a waterfall of glitter and sequins.

The time: Last Saturday night
The place: Indigo Lounge at the 02 arena

As the newest member of the recently formed dance troupe the discob$tches (yes, one word) I was in all out alter ego mode (Miss Candi Cupcakes, s'il vous plait) as I arrived through the VIP gates at the 02 arena last Saturday night.

With 4 costume changes our VIP dressing room looked like a bedazzler gone wild. To keep up energy levels for our 4 performances throughout the night and being a good Miss Cupcakes – I brought some of my specialities in for the backstage VIP (did I mention VIP :-) ?) party.

Not content with just any plain jane cupcake I pimped my cakes out discob$tch style. Ordering edible scarlet glitter and gold stars online I made basic chocolate cupcake and a vanilla butter cream frosting. Turning the frosting a shocking shade of bubble gum pink-it set off the glitter and gold stars to perfection and were really...a guilty pleasure for all.


No comments: