Tuesday 8 October 2013

End of Summer Lovin'

So you don't think I've gone and "expired" I thought it was worthwhile giving a small update on my comings and goings since mid-August.  Buckle your seat belt.

The last week of August started with a wedding in Copenhagen complete with herring smorgasbord (still one of the most horrible food items out there no matter how many which ways I try it) and a visit to Boston and NH to see SU-C and Mama, complete with 3 doses lobster and daily doubles of Dunkin' Donuts coconut ice coffee.  After a brief swaparoo of my luggage I had 4 days back in London before heading off to Tanzania for work.  My most delicious meal during this trip was at Adis in Dar, an Ethiopian restaurant popular with expats.  Unfortunately 8 of the 12 of us ended up with the gift that keeps on giving...and very upset tummies the next day.  Nothing says "I love my co-workers" more than sharing a box of Imodium.

Right, moving right along - from Tanzania back to London (sans luggage, d@mn you Kenyan Airways!) and then onwards to France. Here I spent a week with stinky cheese, sausisson, waffles from Meert and drank wine for breakfast.  Occasionally I felt guilty and ate a lettuce leaf.  Back to London for a few days and then I closed out a head spinning world tour with a long weekend in Mykonos.  Heading out with Flamingo we had four days of laughs, perfectly sunny skies, 80 degrees, sunset cocktails, ice cream, perhaps a small jewel and fried cheese.  Lots and lots of fried cheese. With honey. In pastry. Feta and haloumi and "local soft cheese".  Complimented by the double dose of tzatziki we ate every day as well. Note: Since I started this trek back in Copenhagen I've managed a good 6 extra pounds in my mid-section.  Pretty impressive eating don't you think?

Needless to say I am very much looking forward to some cooler weather that warants a wardrobe that allows for big baggy jumpers, tights with built in spanx, and an extra large sized onsie.

A few photo highlights:

Horrible Herring (sounds like an evil superhero)


New vintage Champagne glasses and the pretty packaging of the Meert waffle

Sunset bellini ala Mykonos

Sunset moe-ji-toes 

Fresh fruit daiquiris. Fresh fruit = health

It's HOT. It's ICECREAM!



No comments: