Wednesday 11 January 2012

These are a few of my favourite things...

As 2011 closed off in the unseasonably mild New England, I squeezed in some of my favourite eats of all time.  And when I say SQUEEZED, I mean that quite literally.  I was into my elasticised reindeer flannel PJ bottoms the week before Christmas.  I was a glutton.  But you do know, gluttony is good.  I think I may have single handedly pulled the US out from the economic crisis with my excessive mass consumption of alcohol, restaurant attendance, and general food consumption (the record was going to the grocery store 4 times in one day).

North Carolina BBQ,  my new favourite spot when visiting the Shinnicks:  http://hillsboroughbbq.com/

Lobster Connection (must be pronounced with a Yankee accent to sound like Lobst-AH Connection). I cry when home and this place is closed. 
 
Not much to look at, but my favourite holiday treat: Gingerbread blondies with white chocolate chunks.

Chocolate, pecan and caramel tart

Vino. Consumed with my two closest friends from University. That fact alone made everything taste wonderful! 
CANDIED BACON AND POMEGRANATE COCKTAILS.  Need I say more?

Say hello to Bob.  He was my date for New Year's Eve.

No comments: