Sunday 30 November 2008

Celebrating Thanksgiving with the 'other' family

More than my friends, more than my family - the people I spend the most time with (for better or for worse) is my team at work. So, when the opportunity came up to celebrate Thanksgiving with them - it felt appropriate. There probably was less drama then if I'd actually been back in the States, Rugby and X-Factor replaced Football and American Idol, and while I'd orchestrated a menu that ticked all of the traditional boxes - it was my first Thanksgiving with home-made veggie samosas.

Hosted by AA & SC – I even had my fill of quirky 'relatives'. AK & AZ covered off the 'cousins' that you get on with really well, enjoy spending time with, but just don't get to see as often as you'd like. AA & YL, one the auntie and one the sister - both looking for just a little bit more gossip, EL - the brother to tease, and of course - no family dinner would be complete with out the 'crazy uncle' - the one that is just a little bit inappropriate - yep, that would be ZC..

No comments: