Saturday 26 July 2008

Lovebox cookies


Last Saturday was an amazing day out filled with good friends, amazing music, a fair bit of sunshine and big warm fuzzy feelings for London. I'd been at the Lovebox music festival during the day and while it finished around 10:30 p.m., there were definitely a few more hours of music, dancing, and an all in all jolly time to be had. So much so - that by 3 am when I was excusing myself to go catch my #43 bus home I was accosted by some friends of friends.

Nope, they were not letting me leave. There was more fun to be had they insisted: “The night is young! Plus before we know it – 5 years will go by and then we’ll all be like 32 and married with kids. We won’t be able to party and go out anymore.”

I wasn’t sure whether I was laughing, crying, or coughing (having recently run out of Allergy medicine earlier in the week). But I informed them that now I really did need to go home. I needed to get my rest because I didn’t have 5 years like them! Ha! The bunch couldn't believe I was 30. “You don’t look THAT old” they kept saying. Hmmmm....

Well needless to say after about 15 hours of merry-making, Sunday was a bit of a waste of a day and went something like this:

1. 10 am - wake up starving. Bizarrely decide I must make pancakes. Eat pancakes and go back to bed.

2. Noon - wake up and move to couch

3. 1 pm -take shower and return to couch

4. 3 pm - decide I need to do SOMETHING productive so bake cookies (chocolate cookies with dried cherries, toasted pecans and chocolate chips)

5. 5 pm - take nap

6. 7 pm - join friends for dinner

7. 9:30 - go to bed

Right, ok then...not the most productive of days but my extended team at work were loving the cookies so there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you can bring those into work any day. Somehow they make process flows just a little bit better.